A few years ago Palos Verdes Patch featured five reasons Rancho Palos Verdes is one of the best cities in California to raise a family, per the website CreditDonkey. Rancho Palos Verdes came in at number 7 on Southern California’s Top Ten based on the following criteria:
1) Education: The percentage of high school graduates (98.1 percent)
2) Work-life balance: Average commute time (31.8 minutes)
3) Family-friendly: Number of household with children under the age of 18 (32.7 percent)
4) Stable community: Percentage of people residing in the same house last year (90 percent)
5) Cost of living: Percentage of income spent on housing (24.5 percent)
The article went on to say the area is extremely safe and features gorgeous homes, many priced well over $1,000,000. If you needed to hear this from a source other than a real estate broker/agent check it out in black and white. Of course, this was not news to me as all four of my children graduated from Palos Verdes Unified Schools as I moved to Rancho Palos Verdes in 1989.
Several years ago I wrote the article “100 Reasons to Call Palos Verdes Home,” and it continues to be one of my most popular posts. I have blogged about living the Palos Verdes lifestyle since 2007. I’ve lived it since 1989, and I began selling it in 1992 when I began my real estate career.
For more information about life in Rancho Palos Verdes contact NormaToering@gmail.com.
– Norma Toering, Broker-Owner Charlemagne Intl Properties 310.493.8333. Article written by Norma Toering, distributed to social media by Josh Toering.